As you probably know we love a bit of Chilfest. So we were excited to hear that Steve Butcher, the creator of Tring’s very own slice of 80’s heaven was back with a bright new shiny festival to shake up the Chilterns. What’s it all about? Well this time he’s sourcing the 90s & 00s for some festival vibes that we’re going to all want to be there. Want to know what he has in store for us? Check out our interview to hear what he has to say.
Steve, it’s great to be chatting again! And I believe you have some news for us. What is Chilterns Live?
Chilterns Live is a brand new festival for Tring taking place on 29th June. It will run on the same lines as Chilfest, so expect the same great attention to detail and atmosphere everyone has come to love.
That’s so exciting that Tring is going to have another HUGE festival. Tring will soon be bigger than Glasto. What made you decide to start a new festival?
Chilfest has proved to be so popular with so many people we thought it would be a great idea to jump forward to the music from the 90’s and 00’s. Another amazing era for British music.…
What acts can we expect to see and who are you most looking forward to see perform?
Busted (75 minute headline set), Sophie Ellis-Bextor, The Feeling, Dodgy, and TopLoader are all performing.
I’m a Huge fan of Sophie Ellis Bextor. In fact, Busted are also headlining an event at York Race Course on the same day so will be arriving to Chilterns Live via Helicopter which is very exciting.
We loved how you bought back the 80s with Chilfest. Now we can look forward rocketing back to the 90s with Chilterns Live. What was your most memorable 90s moment?
I suppose the 90`s was the start of the gadget revolution with Computers, CDs etc beginning to take centre stage in everyones homes ( I do love a gadget!)
Other than a flavour of the 90s and some seminal 90s acts what can we expect to see at Chilterns Live?
There will be a children’s kids zone area with a soft play for younger children up to age 4, a trampoline trailer plus inflatable world for children up to 10 and larger inflatables for older children. This will be just £5.00 for a two hour session. We have some great food traders on board and a very experienced team running our main bars.
Check Tring Buzz social media to win two tickets to Chilterns Live!
Competition terms and conditions
- The competition is to open to UK residents including Northern Ireland, who are aged 18 years or over.
- Entrants are agreeing to be bound by these terms of these terms and conditions and we reserve to right to disqualify an entrant if we believe there are reasonable grounds to do so.
- Travel and accommodation costs are not included in the prize.
- The prize does not include back stage or VIP entry.
- To enter, like our page and post and tell us who you will bring with you if you win. Tagging is not a requirement of entry.
- One winner will be picked at random and will receive two tickets to Chilterns Live on June 29th.
- This competition will close on Wednesday, May 29th at mid-day and a winner will be notified by direct message thereafter.
- The winner will be required to respond within 72 hours of notification. In the event that the winner does not respond, or if any prize is declined, we reserve the right to choose another winner.
- Tickets will be sent by email or post.
- No cash, or alternative, prizes will be given in the event the winner is unable to attend. The prize can be transferred to other persons if the winner wishes.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.